Yellowstone Country Fly Fishing is a Montana fly fishing guide service based in Livingston. Our Montana fly fishing guides offer personalized float, power boat, and walk & wade fly fishing trips in southwest Montana and Yellowstone Park. We love to guide experts and beginners alike.
We run a small and focused operation. All of our trips are customized for each client, and we use only experienced Montana fly fishing guides who live and fish in the state year-round. Outfitter Walter Wiese runs many trips personally. We often use nothing but custom and local flies he designed for fly fishing Montana and the Yellowstone area.
We operate on a wider range of waters than most of our competitors. The trips we offer include:
- Drift boat and raft trips on the Yellowstone, Madison, Stillwater, Boulder, and several other rivers
- Jet boat trips on the Missouri River and area reservoirs
- Walk-wade trips on many streams in Montana
- Hike-wade trips on rivers, small streams, and lakes in Yellowstone Park
- A wide range of private water fishing trips on both streams and lakes.
Want to book a trip or start a conversation? Feel free to contact Walter Wiese any time. From April through October he is on the water guiding or fishing almost every day and in the winter he’s usually snowboarding. Therefore e-mail is usually the best way to make initial contact.
Navigating Our Site
Visit our Montana fishing report, Montana fishing resources pages, and Montana fly fishing blog for fishing tips, conditions updates, reports from specific trips, area lodging and fishing links, and our extensive regional fishing planner.